Free signal processing and visualization software.
SignalPlant is free software tool for signal examination, scoring and post-processing. It has been developed by "Medical Signals" group of Institute of Scientific Instruments of CAS
http://isibrno.cz for projects concerning ECG and EEG signals. Although it is aimed to biological signals, it contains tools useful for any other area of signal processing.
The SignalPlant is free, but registration is needed (thus we know how many users we have. Registration is quick and also free). If you encounter any problem during instalation/registration, do not hesitate to
Brief introduction (13:42) movie to get basic idea what is the SignalPlant like! For Matlab users, here is video-tutorial how to transfer
signals (5:19) from Matlab to SignalPlant. From version 188.8.131.52, SignalPlant can be controlled by external controllers - see
this movie (1:46)!
If you are a SignalPlant user and have any suggestions for us, do not hesitate to fill in this short survey.
If you use our software in your study, please cite us:
F. Plesinger, J. Jurco, J. Halamek, and P. Jurak, “SignalPlant: an open signal processing software platform,”
Physiol. Meas., vol. 37, no. 7, pp. N38–N48, 2016.
F. Plesinger, J. Jurco, P. Jurak, J. Halamek, “Robust Multichannel QRS Detection,” in
Computing in Cardiology Conference (CinC), 2014, 2014, vol. 41, pp. 557–560.
F. Plesinger, J. Jurco, J. Halamek, P. Leinveber, T. Reichlova, and P. Jurak, “Multichannel QRS Morphology Clustering Data Preprocessing for Ultra-High-Frequency ECG Analysis,” in
Cardiotechnix, 2015, pp. 11–19.
P. Nejedly, J. Virgala, “Physiocrate: A SignalPlant Toolbox for Respiratory, Blood Pressure and EMG Signal Analysis,” in Student EEICT, 2016, pp. 53–55.
SignalPlant architecture allows extendibility via plugins. This allows 3rd parties to develop plugins for their own file-formats or processing and displaying method. The most significant features are:
- Real-time response while examining large files
- Mark (trigger) operations
- Non-destructive signal processing
- Default plugins set offers over 25 tools for:
- filtering (FFT/IIR/FIR ...) with real-time preview
- analysis tool (FFT/TFA ....)
- detection (QRS complex, local extrems ...)
- file I/O operations for HDF5, BIN, MAT, EDF, EGI, CSV, M&I d-files and others
- export images as SVG, EPS or PNG
- generating new signal channels by equations
- Expandability by external plugins allowing to add
- new file-formats
- new post-processing methods
- new displaying methods
SignalPlant uses 3rd party libraries for I/O operations (for HDF files).